The broad objective of the section is to provide, encourage and maintain continuous linkages/interface between the coffee growers and all the stakeholders in the industry through the dissemination of relevant technical knowledge, information and skills on coffee production/processing practices with the over all goal of increasing coffee productivity and quality.
The section also plays the technical public relations role for the institution with an aim of enhancing the corporate image.
PLAN OF ACTION
To achieve the above objective the following activities will be undertaken:-
- Organize and hold seminars for farmers leaders (co-operative societies management and supervisory committees and managers)
- Disseminate information through mass media
- Advisory visits to farmers, co-operative societies, farmer groups /associations
- Organize and facilitate in open days and business development days
- Participate in agricultural shows/exhibitions.
- Offer on-station advisory.
- Organization and facilitation of field based training e.g. Farmer’s seminars and farmer field schools (FFS)
- Design, development, production and review of CRF publications (Posters, brochures, booklets, books and audio- visual training materials).
- Manage CRF demonstration plot at Namwela.
- Initiate introduction of agro forestry trees in coffee nurseries
- Collaborate on studies on coffee certification processes.
- Develop and run on TV a 30 seconds advert on CRF research activities and services